Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SP Coast Division locomotives-1947

Date: 11/20/05 15:38
SP Coast Division locomotives-1947
Author: ExEspee

From a request from nitehostler I am attaching 1947 engine assignments fo SPs Coast Division. Note that at this time the division only had ten diesels.

Although the locomotives were assigned to a division they still crossed boundary lines. The assignment kept them home for mechanical work and inspections. The GS type ran through between SF and LA. The 2400s were on the commutes and if I remember correctly it a was either the 2454 or 2458 regular on the Del Monte.

Date: 11/20/05 15:57
Re: SP Coast Division locomotives-1947
Author: Nitehostler

Thank you...
check out 2476 and 77, they lasted up 'till the end on 129/132, the Los Altos Branch commute.
3203 was around in the last few months of steam on the Western Div.
I've got a bunch of those books that a friend gave me years back, great source of information.
Was actually curious if you'd saved any of your old time books & could let us know what locos that you'd been on and what jobs.
again, appreciate your time.

Tom

Date: 11/20/05 22:11
Re: SP Coast Division locomotives-1947
Author: TonyJ

It would be much longer and Espee would send a few more 4-8-2s to work the commute pool. Thanks for sharing. - Tony J.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds