Home Open Account Help 211 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Any foreign units on the BNSF lately?

Date: 01/05/02 18:22
Any foreign units on the BNSF lately?
Author: MO-PAC

Hello All:

I was wondering if anyone has seen any foreign units on the BNSF lately. I wen through Barstow on Amtrak #4 and saw some NS and Conrail power, and my brother yesterday saw a CN GP40 yesterday in Fullerton. Just curious to see if anything else cool is floating around.

Thanks

Chris C

Date: 01/05/02 20:02
RE: Any foreign units on the BNSF lately?
Author: DieselDoc

There are currently a little over 100 foriegn units on BNSF floating around out there now. Your brother probably saw the CN 5252 yesterday which is now on P-LACCHI5-05A in Arizona now. The only unusual one might be considered the DWP 5905, on G-DDCVAW9-03a at Casper,WY.. The rest are pretty much all NS, CSX, UP, and 'normal' CN/IC/GTW.

DD

Date: 01/05/02 22:59
Author: billywa

I saw TFM Super-7 #2320 through OKC as the second unit on a V-train behind a pumpkin DASH-9 a month or two ago. It was REAL ugly, imho. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post a pic after the weekend bandwidth rush passes.

billywa

Date: 01/05/02 23:09
Author: johnwvan

Not real recent, but here's an interesting visitor:

http://trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=1&i=97626&t=97626

Date: 01/06/02 01:48
Author: PennEngineer

Okay, so maybe it's a UP train, but many a BNSF rolls through the same spot. Two CSXers on December 29, 2001 at Riverside, CA.

Date: 01/06/02 10:22
Author: qlives

Have had several coming by the house in the last couple of weeks.
2 CN's nad an EMD leaser in a 6 unit set and an IC unit (OLS) on a train a couple of days later. always the occasional CSX or UP unit.

Jim
Front range Sub MP 84.5

Date: 01/06/02 19:51
Author: Challenger3985

CN 5252 was up Cajon early Saturday afternoon. I was on Hill 582 to see it pass.

Scott

Date: 01/06/02 20:12
Author: MO-PAC

Thanks for the replys....

I live pretty close to ABo and Belen and I rarely see any foreign units there. I'm not sure if they are keeping them West of here or if I'm just not going out enough.

Sorry Hunny, I guess I may be out a bit more often!!

Thanks

Mo-Pac

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3031 seconds