Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Something Northwest

Date: 01/05/02 18:59
Something Northwest
Author: thesignalman

Lets change the subject! Pacific Northwest sounds good!
So where is it?

Date: 01/05/02 19:01
RE: Something Northwest
Author: F40PHR231

3 Sisters on Gateway sub.

Date: 01/05/02 19:05

Man! That didn't last long. lol

Date: 01/05/02 19:56
Just north of Bend, OR
Author: robjacox

That is the Three Sisters, and since there is a signal present, must be north of Bend. But couldn't tell you the exact milepost.

Rob Jacox
Bend, OR

Date: 01/05/02 19:57
Author: DelMonteX

That cow seems more concerned about you than the train. Something we should know?

Date: 01/05/02 20:08
Author: Goatboat

Actually, it looks like it is between the Crooked River bridge and Opal City siding on the Oregon Trunk sub north of Bend.

- gb -

Date: 01/05/02 20:35
Where exactly is it?
Author: robjacox

GoatBoat may be right, there is a lot of cows and pastures between US 97 and the tracks north of the Crooked River Bridge, but the angle to have the Three Sisters in the background just doesn't seem right to me. I've only driven that stretch a few hundred times in the last few years (really), if I'm missing such a nice background from a location right on the highway shoulder I will be quite disappointed in myself!

Rob

Date: 01/05/02 20:35

Exactly ! Ya got my goat-boat! Hehe! Take a right turn and ya get this.
BTW the cow did have something on his mine? I was in my brown
insulated cover-alls at the time. Was working the Bend signal maintainer job at the time. Spring 2002.

Date: 01/05/02 22:23
RE: Where exactly is it?

Signals 123.7 & 123.8 witch is the railroad milepost are right there in the picture! You can see the signals from Hwy 97 & there is a side road off 97 that will take you back into the tracks. About halfway down that road there is a gate to the right for the pasture. The power line are in the view but if ya got time I think ya can crop them out better?This was a grab shot for me.I did send it for the calendar this year but it didn't make the grade?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds