Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi Greens and Flowers?

Date: 03/21/06 10:33
Tehachapi Greens and Flowers?
Author: jc76

How are the Tehachapi Greens and Flowers this year? I know last year was a banner year, how is it lookin?????

Date: 03/21/06 11:59
Re: Tehachapi Greens and Flowers?
Author: Captain92

Can't say how it looks right now. My first time through Tehachapi was a couple of weeks ago and the greenest thing I saw was the fake pine tree on top of a hill that was really a cell tower. Sort of looked out of place. Nice try though. Anybody got a picture of that thing?
Lynn

Date: 03/21/06 14:11
Author: SVTS

FRom what I have heard from other members, Tehachapi is greening up nicely. I'll be out there April 1st for about 5 days, looking forward to it as always.

Chris
http://www.msnusers.com/railflections

Date: 03/21/06 17:17
Author: Marcam_Productions

Any guess as to when the flowers will peak this year?

Date: 03/21/06 18:34
Author: mirage

This site http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca.html usually has current reports on wildflowers and where they're starting to bloom. They don't address Tehachapi specifically, but they have reports for the Mojave area and SoCal, so you can get a feel for what you're likely to encounter at the loop.

Edit: Their latest reports say wildflower levels are still low, and aren't likely to be similar to last year, which was apparently a once a century show.

--Mark J

Marcam_Productions Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any guess as to when the flowers will peak this
> year?

Date: 03/21/06 18:34
Author: KevO

I would say with the amount of recent rainfall the "PEAK" will be in 4-6 weeks.

KevO

Date: 03/22/06 07:55
Author: geomel1

We're just home after four days there, Thurs to Sun. To quote David Mallett..."Greenin' up real good...lookin' mighty fine!" Some slopes were greening up on the upper end. Quite green from Bealville down by Sunday with snow still on the peaks from Friday night's storm. Around Tunnel 1 and Tunnel 2 there were some tiny flowers, a few yellow ones a bit larger and a single lupine!
George & Kathy Melvin

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1483 seconds