Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 1988 KATY heritage status

Date: 05/03/06 12:07
UP 1988 KATY heritage status
Author: arkansasrailroader

UP Heritage Locomotive No. 1988 (KATY) at UP's North Little Rock, Arkansas yard (Ramp No. 2) Wednesday morning, May 3, 2006. The number 3 traction motor was changed (according to John C. Jones who took me to the site). It was unclear when it will be released for service. (Ken Ziegenbein photos)

Date: 05/03/06 12:51
Re: UP 1988 KATY heritage status
Author: mcdeo

Thought the AC traction motors were suppose last a LOOOOONNNGGG time. ;-)

Date: 05/03/06 13:07

Didn't the 1988 have this problem even before it hit the road last August? I remember something about it going to the shops in Chicago after it was painted. Ken Z

Date: 05/04/06 07:10
Author: VERNON1946

Nice Photos.* Is this where the UP 844 (steam) will come? And be on display very soon? Please reply., with directions, for my relatives who live in Arkansas.... Thank You....VERNON from Missouri

Date: 05/04/06 07:23

No, the 844 will be displayed near Jenks Shops off 4th Street in North Little Rock (May 25) from 8-5. This is a couple of miles away. Take I-30 across the Arkansas River and take the Broadway St Exit in North Little Rock. Turn left (west) and go under the interstate on Broadway. Keep going west on Broadway. You'll pass the construction site on the left of a new baseball park for the Arkansas Travelers, I'd say about a mile after you turn left on Broadway at the Interstate. Keep straight through all the lights and about a half mile or so you'll see the UP dispatch center and building on the right. They usually will have the public park in their lot and the engine should be between there and the Jenks Shops.

Date: 05/04/06 07:32
Author: VERNON1946

Thank You, Sir. For the "detailed information". Where the UP 844 Will be on public display, in North Little Rock, Ark. Lord Bless You...VERNON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds