Home Open Account Help 250 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > All this way for CATFISH???

Date: 05/03/06 14:56
All this way for CATFISH???
Author: wheel_slip

Nope Donnalee didn't feed us Catfish on the Santa Fe Limited...

A view from the rear of the Metis as we overtake one of the numerous westbound freights on the BNSF transcon. The Dispatchers did a great job of weaving us around the countless freight trains all competing for the same track.

So... You gotta be ready when you are running 80 M.P.H. and are passing a train running the same direction... So imagine my surprise when the head end of this westbound came into view... CATFISH!!!! Hell, I see them every day back east...

O.k. So yeah, it's pretty cool to catch the Catfish this far away from home...
Andy

Date: 05/03/06 16:04
Re: All this way for CATFISH???
Author: SVTS

I must have missed something. Can somebody explain to me why Norfolk Southern is referred to as "Catfish"?

Great pic too.....

Chris
http://www.msnusers.com/railflections

Date: 05/03/06 16:12
Author: QU25C

SVTS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I must have missed something. Can somebody explain
> to me why Norfolk Southern is referred to as
> "Catfish"?
It's there nick name for D-9 DC's or D9's or cat fish It's the whiskers on the side. Richard

Date: 05/03/06 16:31
Author: DynamicBrake

Andy,
I'm jealous...sounds like you had a great time between the scenery and "dodging" the numerous trains in the hole. How much weight did you gain on the trip, LOL??

Kent

Date: 05/04/06 16:18
Author: bobs

If I remember correctly, the next one we passed had a CSX engine in the middle of the consist too.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds