Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > New Cars on Dunsmuir Railcam.......?

Date: 01/24/02 13:11
New Cars on Dunsmuir Railcam.......?
Author: leswhite

These seem to be new.

Are they steel coil cars?

What number series?

Date: 01/24/02 13:14
RE: New Cars on Dunsmuir Railcam.......?
Author: rustedflange

They are new, sort of - rebuilt flats at UP's De Soto MO shops. Hoods made in Colorado Springs.

Date: 01/24/02 14:10
Author: Ray_Murphy

They look kind of like a modern incarnation of the common milk tank cars from about 50 years ago...

Ray

Date: 01/24/02 16:31
Author: tcnr

A rumor about water cars for the new Moss Brea Falls water plant would be pretty good, but I think they're U.P. built steel coil cars. There is an import re-load facility near Longview Wa. that does quite a bit of business.

Date: 01/24/02 17:40
Author: jdb

BHP (Broken Hill Proprietary from Australia) has a mill at Kalama, WA. (near Longview) Steel comes in and is finished there to customer specs. I've always thought that it was the BNSF that did the switching there. It's been a couple of months since I was past there but none of these cars have caught my eye in that area. I've seen some similar UP cars (didn't have full length covers) at Terminal 6, Port of Portland.

jb

Date: 01/24/02 19:19
Try 210317....
Author: DaveL

Shot this month in Newark, CA

DaveL

Date: 01/24/02 20:28
Try 210317...Thanks.
Author: jdb

I guess I had better start paying attention as to what cars are at Kalama. I have an ORER that is 15 months old and there are no 210300 cars listed so they must be fairly new. There are a few shown on a trace at Kalama and at least two more headed there just went past me in Salem.

jb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds