Home Open Account Help 136 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > ? about pig train in soledad canyon

Date: 01/29/02 11:19
? about pig train in soledad canyon
Author: tmc1

I used to watch a northbound pig train leave burbank junction around 10:00 am up the valley. I finally have the chance to chase it and I can't find it anymore does anyone know what happen to this train. It was about the only through freight I could catch during daylight hours.THANKS

Date: 01/29/02 12:03
RE: ? about pig train in soledad canyon
Author: trainjunky

The only one I know of runs on Saturday only. It is the old LACFX train and goes west over Tehachapi noon to 2PM. I photographed it at Vincent at 10:30 one Sat. morning last summer. The others that come that way run at night.

Dave Burton

Date: 01/29/02 13:55
Author: donner_dude1

Last spring, I shot a s/b Z train over Tehachapi and followed it to Lancaster - It did use Soledad Canyon but had to wait for a n/b commute train to clear before the DS would let go south into the Canyon. I believe this was in the early afternoon.

Date: 01/29/02 14:31
Author: karldotcom

that must have been the ZLCBR on a Saturday morning....leaves 8:30am...when it runs...

sometimes you will catch a rare ILCSE

Date: 01/29/02 14:44
Author: karldotcom

actually, that would have been the ZLCBR6...which no longer runs. They used to have a $150 discount on containers on this train. They have also eliminated n/b Thursday and s/b Tuesday trains.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0288 seconds