Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > I'll take four ALCos and a Geep to go...

Date: 07/16/06 15:30
I'll take four ALCos and a Geep to go...
Author: alco636

The Minnesota Commercial is getting rid of five out of service locomotives. I've heard these may be going to NRE. They are currently sitting on former Milwaukee Road tracks, just west of the Commercial roundhouse.

#1 C-424 311 heads up the consist.

#2 IIRC the 311 was damaged during a crash with some TC&W power over five years ago. Note the frame damage. I wonder if that damage ended her career?

#3 Rear.

Date: 07/16/06 15:32
Re: I'll take four ALCos and a Geep to go...

#1 MNNR 1 B did see some service years ago.

#2 Rear of the 311.

#3 The 1 B.

Date: 07/16/06 15:36

#1 Former BAR GP7 66 probably never ran for the MNNR, and was certainly never repainted.

#2 Former Lake Superior & Ishpeming 1608 should be a RS-3. Right?

#3 RS-3 1108 used to belong, IIRC, to the Oliver Iron Mining Company. If I'm incorrect, please let me know.

Date: 07/16/06 15:37

The 1108 didn't just get a chope nose. The whole nose was chopped off.

Date: 07/16/06 16:11
Author: Captain92

Nice catch. They would really need a lot of work to get back into service it looks like. No telling how the innards are. One little chain on each end doesn't look like enough to hold them on the flat car. High center of gravity, speed and a curve!! I guess they know what they are doing. Amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
Lynn

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0725 seconds