Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 4449 TRIP SOLD OUT! SUPPORT 2472!!

Date: 02/17/02 11:11
4449 TRIP SOLD OUT! SUPPORT 2472!!
Author: smokebox

As posted on the Friends site, our two day trip to Bend is sold out.

Thanks to all who've purchased tickets for this incredible trip.

Thanks also to those who don't care how she's painted, and are happy only to have her running.

Does this mean I can stop scuffing tender rivits?

Also,as this is the last trip for the 2472 for some time, I urge all who can to also support thier operation. Just think of it, 4449 trip one weekend, and 2472 trip the next. The 2472 tickets are well below the "$549.00" limit (as previously posted here on TO), they're actually very well under $100.00.

See you on the train, and again, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

Smokebox

Date: 02/17/02 12:04
That Is Great News!!
Author: BJRubino

I am glad that you are getting the support you need. I took my 1st steam excursion trip last year when the 4449 went over Stampede Pass...I also did both days of the trip to Wishram. I had so much fun I decided to come back for this years trip (this time I was able to get a dome seat). I am very much looking foward to it...the the following week I will be back here in the Bay Area for the 2472 trip.

Thank you for your work to keep the 4449 alive & well!
BJR

Date: 02/17/02 14:40
Ticket confirmations???
Author: roulette

I wish I could share your enthusiasm, but it just makes all the more nervous about the fact that I still have no reply to my ticket order which was placed 3 weeks ago (Jan. 26th). When can those of us who ordered tickets expect to receive some sort of confirmation?! I provided my e-mail address and other contact info. It's very disconcerting to not get any reply, especially for those of us who have to make travel plans to get to Portland.

Date: 02/17/02 17:24
RE: 4449 TRIP SOLD OUT! SUPPORT 2472!!
Author: ohcr1551

That's great! Nothing sounds better than a sold-out excursion.

For those of us who can't go, are this season's gift shop items u on the website yet?

--Becky

Date: 02/17/02 22:35
RE: Ticket confirmations???

Send all questions regarding tickets to NRM, the trips sponcer. NRM is the sole party handling ticket sales for this trip.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help....I just work on the locomotive!

Smokebox

Date: 02/17/02 23:05
Gift shop items online now!

Are newest items are now posted on the Friends site. The order form and description are at the bottom of the Friends page under " Friends sales order pdf". There's some great stuff made just for this trip. If you don't have any of the Skyfire videos, I highly recomend you purchase them, as they're great entertainment for the whole family. Skyfire is our official "video-ographer" for this trip, and you can pre-order a tape of our trip and have it sent directly to your home when it's ready.

Due to demand, we're now offering a new "4449 Freedom Train" shirt....show off your American pride with "Americas Own Locomotive", the 4449 in her 1976 red white and blue colors. These shirts are going to be very hot sellers, so I would recomend pre-purchasing them.

For all of those who are going to be at trackside, how about showing support and purchase some of our newest merchandise. It would make all of us on the crew very happy to see all you "tracksiders" in the newest "Daylight wear". We will know who you are!!

Smokebox

Date: 02/17/02 23:53
RE: Gift shop items online now!
Author: RoyWBanks

Hey Smokebox,

I don't see any MillerDogs on the online order form.

Date: 02/18/02 00:09
RE: 4449 TRIP SOLD OUT! SUPPORT 2472!!
Author: MargaretSPfan

THANK you, "smokebox1", for your support of the SP 2472!

For info, please go to:

http://www.ggrm.org

If you want to chase and watch her run AT SPEED, please be trackside on Saturday, March 16, for her 2 test runs San Francisco - San Jose and back. Then come ride with us on Sat., March 30! And please support us by buying souvenirs and making cash donations - that does help.

I hope to see MANY Trainorders "post-ers" on the train on March 30! :)

Margaret (SP fan)

Date: 02/18/02 14:29
Miller Dogs

Roy,

Just as we haven't decided on the locomotive paint scheme, we haven't decided on our dog selection. At this time it's a toss between Miller, Green River, and Euro dogs.

As Homer Simpson would say, "Hmmm,...Euro dogs!"

Flame Broiled seems to be the talk of the crew at this time.

Anticipate!

Smokebox

Date: 02/18/02 19:48
TRIP SOLD OUT
Author: SamNBerry

The trip is sold out, and for those of you that sent in requests for tickets be patient, the NRM is behind in sending conformation and tickets out, if you sent in a request before feb. 1 you should be OK
PS It's Miller dogs, Miller Dogs, Miller Dogssmokebox1 wrote:
>
> As posted on the Friends site, our two day trip to Bend is sold
> out.
>
> Thanks to all who've purchased tickets for this incredible trip.
>
> Thanks also to those who don't care how she's painted, and are
> happy only to have her running.
>
> Does this mean I can stop scuffing tender rivits?
>
> Also,as this is the last trip for the 2472 for some time, I
> urge all who can to also support thier operation. Just think
> of it, 4449 trip one weekend, and 2472 trip the next. The 2472
> tickets are well below the "$549.00" limit (as previously
> posted here on TO), they're actually very well under $100.00.
>
> See you on the train, and again, THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!
>
> Smokebox

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0658 seconds