Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Website Update #2

Date: 02/17/02 10:47
Website Update #2
Author: columbiadan

Greetings: I have updated the current photos section of my website. To see the changes, go to "Its 00 and beyond". In case, you did not see the notice below, I also changed "that 70's page" yesterday. All Milwaukee!

Enjoy

http://w3.gorge.net/schwanz/

Dan

Date: 02/17/02 12:04
RE: Website Update #2
Author: thesignalman

Dan where you at in this pic?
Is this down by Cook?
You on the Oregon side?
I like it!

Date: 02/17/02 12:09
Author: ge13031

DAN: I've warned you before, enough of these extra sharp, full of hi-flying scenery, grab ya pictures ...your're making us flatlanders dizzy! :o)

PS: Loverly website!

Date: 02/17/02 12:12

I am all the way at the end of the road that you can access off of Highway 97 at Maryhill (the old roadbed). Go west, MP 110. I am shooting with a 180mm lens. I also use a 300mm at that location. Great morning location. I access it with a regular passenger car, a truck would be better, I just take it easy and slow. All public access too!

Dan

Date: 02/17/02 13:58
Author: GeneL

Dan, Your picture of the BNSF manifest below the high bluffs is excellent. I've never been to the Gorge so pls overlook some ignorance in this question. Were you on the Oregon side of the river when you took that picture or do the river and the tracks curve in such a way that you were on the WA side? Or were your feet very wet?

Date: 02/17/02 14:47

If you are referring to the photo I posted with this post, I was on the Washington side of the river and the tracks curve away from me. Much of the gorge is this way. If you are referring to Z-train on the website, I was in Oregon, shooting across the river. If you ever to come to the gorge, refer to my response above on how to get there.

Dan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds