Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Texas Pacifico (former South Orient) traffic volumes

Date: 11/13/06 10:32
Texas Pacifico (former South Orient) traffic volumes
Author: bertini

Did anyone know what amount of traffic the Texas Pacifico (from Alpine to Presidio) is currently handling?

Date: 11/13/06 12:22
Re: Texas Pacifico (former South Orient) traffic volume
Author: NDHolmes

When I was there last April, the answer was virtually zilch went through all the way to the border. I spoke with the conductor on the one train I did find, and he said that this train had only come from Rankin (I think I'm remembering this right), and had been sitting out there for about five days at that point. Nothing had run through to the border for the prior two weeks, and he didn't know of any plans to go out that far for at least another week.

Nathan

Date: 11/13/06 13:30
Author: px320

When I was at Tinaja with a film crew last June-July they were trying to run one train every two weeks, but that was pretty iffy and it was more like once every three or four weeks.

Date: 11/13/06 15:19
Author: trainman_43

In otherwords, another waste of tax payer money beating this LONG since dead horse!

Date: 11/13/06 15:36
Author: parts545

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds