Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The continuing sage of UP 1996 in Las Vegas

Date: 12/02/06 15:25
The continuing sage of UP 1996 in Las Vegas
Author: vegasrails

Well as Bob chases UP 1996 into the sunset and hopefully brings back some more of his great photos this time if lighting allows UP 1996 at Sloan, Cima Hill and Kelso. I'll add my part simple collection of shots.
First once arriving in Las Vegas and allowing a few passenger to disembark. Once the passenger car water tanks were topped off and a empty coal train departed eastward. UP 1996 was sholved down to Arden mini yard 12 miles away and then sholved back for this afternoon departure. During the late night move Special Agents cited a number of trespassers and removed two drunks who were sitting on the tracks drinking. The move both to and from Arden went well and then upon return the remianing passengers appeared to either call it a night or head for downtown.
The following three photos UP 1996 prior to the move still facing east, a comfortable sholving platform the Idaho, as the coal train does a roll by. Set for a afternoon departure facing west.
A big thank you to all who either called, texted or PM me about this movement, if they hasn't of let me known I still be out along the transcon bemoaning the fact of how slow the LA/SL line has been.

Date: 12/02/06 15:28
Re: The continuing sage of UP 1996 in Las Vegas
Author: vegasrails

With the train about ready and a few passengers still missing but soon showing up UP 1996 sits in the sunlight in downtown Las Vegas

Date: 12/02/06 15:43
Author: NscaleMike

Nice stuff Ken!

Date: 12/02/06 19:00
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Can't help it. Just exactly what does one do when being 'sholved'? Odd term.

Date: 12/02/06 19:02
Author: Leia

Those are great, Ken!! And thank YOU for YOUR calls today while I was waiting for it in Afton. I appreciated that.

Date: 12/02/06 21:34
Author: brettrw

Man, you Vegas boys have been living right lately!

Godd job

Brett

Date: 12/03/06 10:46
Author: RustyRayls

BRETT'S ALIVE! BRETT'S ALIVE!

Nice shots, Ken! I really like the one of the Idaho on the back-up move. I couldn't figure out how to expose that one. You did it perfectly!

Date: 12/03/06 12:49
Author: ProAmtrak

Great pics Ken!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds