Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Track Warrants

Date: 04/08/02 21:53
BNSF Track Warrants
Author: AMTK157

I was recently listening to the Fort Worth dispatcher giving out track warrants for the Seligman Sub. of the BNSF in AZ. The dispatcher would say that the warrant was okay at 22:05, or something like that, when it was only 21:05 on the Selig. Sub. Since AZ doesn't adopt Daylight Savings Time, I was wondering how the scheduling works out here.
Thanks,
~157

Date: 04/09/02 00:08
Re: BNSF Track Warrants
Author: gwl

Yes AZ does not go on daylight savings, but the rail road does in order to keep all the mountain time zone the same.

gwl
http://photosbygreg.20m.com

Date: 04/09/02 08:10
Author: Gabbyh1

The railroads have been working under the Uniform Time Act for many years. Historically, the railroads were the ones that were the reason for enacting the UFTA. Many accidents were caused because every railroad was operating on different times throughout the country.

Date: 04/09/02 09:16
Author: BobB

Don't forget that, although the state of Arizona does not go on DST, the Navajo Nation does--and the BNSF line through Arizona is on or near its territory for over 100 miles.

Date: 04/09/02 12:49
Author: Gabbyh1

As an example of my point.

While it is true about working through the Navajo Nation, the railroad does not change their clock for that 100 miles. Although the time zone for Mountain Daylight time actually starts on the Colorado River, the crews that work east from Needles (PDT) are called and work on MDT all the way to Winslow on the same time, regardless of the actual time being used locally.

Date: 04/09/02 16:06
Author: AMTK157

Thank you for all of your responses!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds