Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Alameda Corridor Really Open?

Date: 04/08/02 23:18
Alameda Corridor Really Open?
Author: jackh

I know there have been some trains already down the trench and the big "Grand Opening" is this Friday, but it sounds from other posts that everything isn't finished yet, such as the signals. Will all this be finished by Friday, or will the full usage of the corridor, and transfer off the Harbor Subcome at a later date? I am just wondering if it is really "done", or if some of the other lines will still see some business for a short while longer.

Date: 04/09/02 04:27
Re: Alameda Corridor Really Open?
Author: rollinb

We expect to be running all BNSF and UP trains on the corridor by Friday. At this point ACTA is telling both UP and BNSF that the trench will be ready for full operation at that time. We'll see.

Rollin Bredenberg

Date: 04/09/02 08:01
Author: SteveD

At least one stack train was reported on the old P.E. route as recently as last Friday.

Date: 04/09/02 10:24
Author: kdoug

In a photo caption on page B4 of today's LA Times, it stated that media people were given a ride on Monday (the 8th) and that a grand opening is planned in Compton on Friday. The photo was taken from a moving car (flat car?) down in the trench.

Date: 04/09/02 12:30
Author: mundo

My THANKS to RollinB for the official news.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds