Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > What's new with the BNSF Gateway Subdivision?

Date: 07/05/07 16:19
What's new with the BNSF Gateway Subdivision?
Author: WR-44

Loads of capital has been invested in the old WP Highline, now BNSF Gateway Subdivision, since the BNSF acquisition took place. A couple of years ago there was a fairly lengthy (for several weeks) detour over the UP Valley Line while a number of maintenance projects were completed over on the Gateway Sub.

Is there anything new in the future of the Gateway Subdivision such as additional maintenance projects or are things going to remain status quo for the foreseeable future? A few years ago there was some talk about installing a couple of sections of CTC, but I haven't heard anything new on that.

I wonder if BNSF is considering additional tunnel clearance where needed, especially with the recent tunnel work on the UP Shasta Line.

Overall, what's the future looking like for the Gateway Subdivision and Oregon Trunk?

Date: 07/05/07 16:53
Re: What's new with the BNSF Gateway Subdivision?
Author: DaveL

Don't know about the 'overall plan', however the rail train dropped rail between Almanor and Westwood last week and during September there should be 20 miles of new CWR installed from Bieber North.

DaveL......yesterdays derailment at 171.5 is still NOT cleaned up, there is a SB out of KLF at 15:15 and there are 3 NB between Keddie and Westwood......

Date: 07/05/07 20:09
Re: What's new with the BNSF Gateway Subdivision?
Author: BobL

I heard the BNSF 5009 getting a warrant from Almanor to MP 170 at about 7:00 PM tonight. It sounded like they had over a mile of 10 mph slow order so I gather that the derailed car caused some damage to the concrete ties.

I'll bet the rerailing crew working last night had a great view of the fireworks at the tip of the Almanor peninsula!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds