Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Summertime in the Rocky Mountains

Date: 07/14/07 19:02
Summertime in the Rocky Mountains
Author: ColoradoRailfan

Only had a few hours of free time this morning, but it was enough for me to catch Amtrak 5 up at Crescent and then the Summer Ski Train down at the mouth of Coal Creek Canyon. Amtrak 5 was running just about on time, as was the Ski Train. The weather today was beautiful with minimal clouds all day long!

1. Amtrak 5 passes the west end of Crescent about 32 miles west of Denver. Passengers aboard the Zephyr enjoy the view of Gross Reservoir, holding back South Boulder Creek.

2. About an hour later, the Summer Ski Train makes a 180 degree turn at the base of Coal Creek Canyon. This shot is about ten miles (trackwise) east of the shot of Amtrak. This is a perspective of Coal Creek Canyon that I hadn't tried before. What do you think?

These and a few more from yesterday and today: http://www.coloradorailfan.com/gallery/gallery.asp?add=20070714&by=KM

Thanks for lookin'.

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 07/14/07 19:16
Re: A Few From This Morning
Author: mojaveflyer

Neat shots! You had much better light than I had this afternoon... I like the perspective in #2.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1607 seconds