Home Open Account Help 191 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Evening at Meadow Valley Wash

Date: 08/12/07 20:30
Evening at Meadow Valley Wash
Author: vegasrails

As I watched for falling stars I caught this east bound auto rack enter the west end of Meadow Valley Wash, Moapa Nevada (photo 1)
After meeting an east bound at Rox, this west bound stack starts to appear around the corner of one of the last curves within the MVW.

Date: 08/12/07 21:03
Re: Evening at Meadow Valley Wash
Author: pobrown

Where is Meadow Valley?

Date: 08/12/07 21:18
Author: rehunn

In simplest terms it's north of Las Vegas until the next flash flood when it becomes part of Las Vegas. It's
75 miles to the short end and 100 or so to the far end.

Date: 08/12/07 21:53
Author: NscaleMike

Nice Ken...

Is the same location as this image from Jim Hewett...circa 1989?

Date: 08/12/07 22:04

same lo-cal Mike

Date: 08/12/07 22:18
Author: CimaScrambler

Nice shootin, Ken! I hope you saw some shooting stars too.

- Kit

Date: 08/13/07 09:11
Author: hogantunnel

What's the road like from Meadow Valley to Carp siding? Any locked gates to be encountered?

Date: 08/13/07 19:51

It's gated from a mile south of the shooting location,on and off to Carp. There's a ranch road that comes close to the tracks on and off all the way to Carp. Most of the time the ranch road is open, occasionally it closed Photo locations along the route may require a bit of walking but otherwise you can still travel near the tracks. The gates are heavy steal and most are reinforced. UP does not want vehicles along the ROW unless authorized.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0279 seconds