Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Around Las Vegas today....

Date: 09/13/07 13:24
Around Las Vegas today....
Author: NscaleMike

Had a little bit of time today...

So I stopped by the former CP Bracken (near The Rio Hotel)...caught 3 trains there...

With Prince no longer performing at the Rio...They have a new advertiser and an extremely large banner festooned along the side of the hotel now.

1. MSCLV, running with no lights on...

2. MWCSC heading eastbound...passing some of Vegas' AAA rated homeless accomodations...interesting juxtaposition...since across the way...is a 7.5 Billion dollar MGM Mega City Center being built...

3. California bound coal train...

Date: 09/13/07 13:31
Re: Around Las Vegas today....

...same coal train spotted earlier (but 1hr and 10 minutes later)...at approximately MP 304, just north of Jean, NV...

Date: 09/13/07 13:50
Author: zwsplac

Nice shots Mike! I visited that MP304 spot once before and got a coal train with dust blowing off of it. It's a neat sight! I need to get trackside near the Rio too...after all, that's pretty close to where I live.

Date: 09/13/07 14:11
Author: vegasrails

The area south of I-15 starting at Sands Ave and continuing through to Maule are excellent for photos either day ( as Mike's photos attest too) or night depending upon your idea of photo adventure since night brings out more of the pushers and hookers especially near Tropicana.
Accessing the area is easy either from Industrial road to the east of the tracks or Valley View to the west and further south at Maule from Valley View on the east to Sunset or Decatur on the west and just turn at the NHP Headquarters building right off of I-215.
So for those locally or those visiting try your hand at those spots. On top trains, you get the meet the other Vegas underworld of Homeless, pushers, pimps and gangs members. Excitement for every one.

Date: 09/13/07 15:16
Author: Maxwell

Cool shots as usual Mike, and location views!

Date: 09/13/07 15:57
Author: kodachrome9319

Very nice Mike. I love your shots from Sin City.

That coal train with the dust coming off the tops is a great photo.

Date: 09/13/07 20:30
Author: espee4ever

kodachrome9319 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That coal train with the dust coming off the tops
> is a great photo.

Bravo Mike!

— espee4ever

Date: 09/13/07 21:39
Author: MacBeau

NscaleMike Wrote:
> ...same coal train at approximately MP 304, just
> north of Jean, NV...

All good but this one this is oh so very good—kudos.
—Mac

Date: 09/14/07 11:18
Author: soundman

Yep, the dust shot is cool.

Date: 09/14/07 11:29

soundman Wrote:
> Yep, the dust shot is cool.

Naturally once it crosses the California state line in a few more miles, the wind stops blowing and the dust settles.

;-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds