Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Bandwidth question

Date: 06/07/02 10:11
Bandwidth question
Author: SantaFefan

With all the talk about conserving bandwidth in the discussion forums . Why isn't it a problem in the image library? Also, when trying to view some of the images on the discussion forums I sometimes get a page with nothing but a bunch of odd characters or I get a page with something that starts out with (warning ???) This last one I belive is caused by a space in the file name. I remember reading about a way to correct that one. Can anyone out there explain how that is done? Thanks.

Date: 06/07/02 11:19
Re: Bandwidth question
Author: run8

SantaFefan wrote:

> With all the talk about conserving bandwidth in the
> discussion forums . Why isn't it a problem in the image
> library?

Not as many people look at the images in the library, therefore the load is less. Bandwidth is bandwidth, no matter where it comes from.

> Also, when trying to view some of the images on the
> discussion forums I sometimes get a page with nothing but a
> bunch of odd characters or I get a page with something that
> starts out with (warning ???)

I believe there is a bug in the system that causes that with some browsers. I have problems with Netscape 4.76, but when I use Internet Explorer. the pictures load up normally. Todd mentioned that he was working on it, time and money permitting.

Date: 06/07/02 16:22
Re: Bandwidth question
Author: DanE

One problem is the spaces. What I do is cursor over the link, right click and select "open link in new browser window". Then in the Location window delete the spaces or replace them with an underscore. then hit Enter. Another problem is the use of capitols in the extension .JPG change that to .jpg the same way. Works for me with Netscape 3.03
Dan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds