Home Open Account Help 203 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Friday's minor adventures

Date: 10/20/07 22:24
Friday's minor adventures
Author: vegasrails

Friday morning after dropping off the boys for school I headed north along the Caliente sub hoping to catch the Pabco job out on the mainline or near apex. Instead I caught LUM 55 coming on to the main line at Arroline on it’s way to Apex to pick up some cars on the Pabco spur. (Photo 1 Arroline, Photo 2 Apex, backing on to the spur). Giving up on the Pabco job showing it’s self, I headed south towards Sloan and a meeting with NscaleMike. Along the way I caught an eastbound at Dike but with the power and signals lines it looked like it was running into a spider web.

Date: 10/20/07 22:27
Re: Friday's minor adventures
Author: vegasrails

After meeting up with Mike traffic died down and the track inspector closed down a quarter mile of traffic north of Arden. With no trains Mike decided to stick it out a while longer while I drove through Bard Canyon coming up empty handed. Once nearing Arden I caught the LUM 48 working a couple of industries just north of Arden. In the meantime the track reopened and the local caught the main line to MP 333 while a west bound cement train remained in the hole at that location. Listening to meets at Valley and Erie I debated a location setting on a spot near the Rio. While there I caught this westbound cement train passing some industrial leads. Attempting to catch this westbound GE I landed up stuck in traffic and made it out to Sloan after the train passed. Hearing another meet at Erie I waited at Sloan where I was rewarded with one of Las Vegas lucky numbered trains UP 7777 taken as it passed the old tunnel. Last a rear end shot of K-line containers disappearing into Bard Canyon. Thanks for looking…Ken

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds