Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Devore (Cajon Pass) fire reported

Date: 10/21/07 15:15
Devore (Cajon Pass) fire reported
Author: atsffan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/15 19:44 by atsffan.

Date: 10/21/07 15:33
Re: Devore (Cajon Pass) fire reported
Author: ProAmtrak

Here we go again!

Date: 10/21/07 15:40
Author: tmengineman

The CalTrans webcams are really rocking and rolling...

http://video.dot.ca.gov/asx/d8cam6.asx
Stay safe...

Date: 10/21/07 15:58
Author: graybeard1942

There are too many wildfires to list right now. Visit this site for current info.

http://cad.chp.ca.gov/

For those not familiar with southern California fall weather, these are very common Fall conditions.

High pressure building over the Four Corners area of CO, UT, AZ, and NM creates extreme pressure gradients between inland and coastal regions. The winds begin roaring down the southern California canyons towards the coast and in the process compressional heating brings the air temps up into the 90s. At the same time, the relative humidity drops into the 'teens. The fuel dries rapidly, and once ignited, burns nearly horizontally. Over the years, we have had many Malibu fires that burn until they reach the ocean and run out of fuel.

Date: 10/21/07 17:45
Author: DevoreCorps

The USFS closed down the railroad(s) too shortly after this ocurred. At 4:00p.m. there were trains parked from Verdemont all the way back to Riverside.

Date: 10/21/07 18:57
Author: pbernath

Another site to go for fire information for any state of the U.S.:

www.inciweb.org

Date: 10/21/07 19:03
Author: GP25

Is the Railline Closed?

Also to Todd Clark. I hope you are in a Safe place.

Date: 10/21/07 20:54
Many fires from Malibu to San Diego
Author: Diddle_E._Squat

GP25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Also to Todd Clark. I hope you are in a Safe
> place.

Yes, no kidding. Sounds really bad in Southern Cal right now, and getting worse with homes being lost. Good luck to everyone out there.

Date: 10/21/07 21:27
Re: Many fires from Malibu to San Diego
Author: poultrycar

I just checked the Amtrak web site and the last Surfliners each way supposedly are running on time.

Date: 10/21/07 22:03
Re: Many fires from Malibu to San Diego
Author: SPLoopConductor

Diddle_E._Squat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP25 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Also to Todd Clark. I hope you are in a Safe
> > place.

I would think that Todd & family are out of there... they would be able to see the whole Santa Clarita / Canyon Country fire from their back yard, out across the area north of the 'Via Princessa' MetroLink station. In looking at KCAL-9 TV right now, it still looks like the fire is on the north side of Sierra Highway, across from Todd's home area. The view from the top of the White's Canyon bridge (over the former SP, now MetroLink track through Soledad Canyon) must be just terrifying! Now, they say that the next large area of homes is the "American Beauty" area. The view from the Saugus Speedway would be to the northeast. The winds are said to be picking back up again. KCAL -9 is now feeding a stream to the web.

My thoughts are with all the folks and animals caught in these fires.

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds