Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Campo Museum safe?

Date: 10/24/07 10:04
Campo Museum safe?
Author: PERichardson

Maybe I missed it, but any word on the Campo museum and the fires?

Date: 10/24/07 10:25
Re: Campo Museum safe?
Author: zuco74

According to their museum site, they have not been affected. It does say to keep checking back for updates.

Tony

Date: 10/24/07 10:40
Author: 6088

At this time everything is ok at Campo. There would have to be a major change in things for it to get to us, but stranger things have happened. I would estimate we are due east about 7 miles from the fire. Certainly could travel that far without any trouble. Fortunately the winds have let up a lot, and the air support is able to get to work.

Date: 10/24/07 19:12
Author: One-Rev

Setting here watching the game and a report just came up on the TV that Campo is in trouble. They are getting ready to evacuate. Evidently the winds have change from off shore to on shore and blowing the fire back to the mountains. It is 7pm San Diego time on Wed. I live in Lakeside and we just breathed a sigh of relief on this fire late last night. Now it has turned back around and is heading in the other direction.
Mike
Lakeside CA.

Date: 10/24/07 22:03
Author: iliketrains

The Pacific Southwest Railway Museum has an agressive plan to fireproof the museum. Weeds are regularly sprayed andremoved. The depot has a fireproof roof, the display building is metal with a metal roof. There are no large trees near either which could light on fire. The Campo meadow has short grass which burns slowly and low heat. I would expect PSRM to be safe from all fires.

The SD&A could burn some. Typically, fires lose some ties, and, there are wooden bridges. If there is fire damage to the railway - trains operations could be impacted.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds