Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Any UP DPU's out of Albina yet?

Date: 11/04/07 20:12
Any UP DPU's out of Albina yet?
Author: 830-east

I could have sworen I seen a Southbound train at Brooklyn today with four units on the front and three on the rear follow on. 11 out of town.

Date: 11/04/07 21:02
Re: Any UP DPU's out of Albina yet?
Author: Yardmaster

To answer your question, yes.

YM

Date: 11/04/07 21:03
Author: EMDSW-1

I think you are correct. I was asked yesterday (Friday) why a UP train going through Canby (Or, MP 747) had power on both ends and had no answer other than duh?

Date: 11/04/07 22:10
Author: upbuddyboy

A friend left me a message this afternoon and said he saw engines on the back of a southbound thru Salem, OR, after church this morning. Then he saw another southbound with a lot of lumber products with three? on the front and two on the back going thru Brooks toward Salem after dusk today. This was a first for him.

Anyone know the details about this?
upbuddyboy...Salem

Date: 11/05/07 00:17
Author: portlander

The first trial was I believe two thursdays ago. I became a regular thing earlier this week. The qpdrv is running DPU, the qpdwc is once again no more.

-p

Date: 11/05/07 00:20
Author: oregonelectric

Went to Albany tonight and saw the DPU hot on the tail of 507 around 8pm. Thought maybe it was PNWR Eugene Hauler but with lots of power. Obviously not. But I also thought I only two DPU's on the rear.

OE

Date: 11/05/07 19:59
Author: 2notch

seems like every dpu train out of portland has had its share of troubles...12-13000 tons.....loosing com before departure at albina.....first train took 12 hours to make it to millersburg......took a dump up on the mountain ended up with manned helpers .......i know dpus work but it takes time to get the bugs out.......longer heavier trains mean less crews mo money!!! u.p. math 101......

Date: 11/05/07 21:18
Author: TCnR

Are they cutting them out at KF? Dunsmuir sees only one occasional DPU set, apparently from Eugene.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0319 seconds