Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Woodford Tehachapi Road newly paved

Date: 11/28/07 23:22
Woodford Tehachapi Road newly paved
Author: smitty195

I stopped by The Loop today on my way home from Sin City (with extra money in my pocket!), and the road from Hwy 58 up to The Loop has brand spankin' new black asphalt. Boy did that road need it! I don't know when the project was done, but the new asphalt didn't even have any dirt or leaves on it yet, so it's very new. Up at the lookout area where the historical markers are located, the dirt parking area on the side of the road isn't dirt anymore! They even paved that, and I took a quick shot to show what it looks like now. It was a treat to drive up there this time on a nice smooth road.

Who were the two foamers at Woodford taking shots with the nice lenses on their cameras---maroon Honda Civic I think----TO'ers maybe??

Date: 11/29/07 00:11
Re: Woodford Tehachapi Road newly paved
Author: jkchubbes

Thats nice that they paved the turn out. When I chased 6936 I noticed that the road down from Sandcut towards Caliente was repaved also. It was fresh then because there was alot of rocks being kicked up in my fender.

-Jacob Klatt
www.jkchubbes.com

Date: 11/29/07 09:49
Author: UPED

That's great, I hate to get the car dirty while train watching, and with the new paving I can exercise the V12 a little. :)

Date: 11/29/07 14:47
Author: krapplem

They were repaving it when I visited around October 1.

Date: 11/29/07 19:35
Author: BNSFHELPERS

That sounds great.. gives me something to look forward to in the spring..on my yearly filming of the area....

Date: 11/29/07 22:10
Author: kodachrome9319

That Pilot there looks familiar... Hmm, good to hear it's paved, kinda helps out when I go there next, no need to worry for ground clearences.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds