Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CBS MOVIE

Date: 07/05/02 13:38
CBS MOVIE
Author: jlosal

CBS movie tonight "Murder She Wrote"previews showed lots of Amtrak.That is all I know.

Date: 07/05/02 15:10
Re: CBS MOVIE
Author: kimura

jlosal wrote:

> CBS movie tonight "Murder She Wrote"previews showed lots of
> Amtrak.That is all I know.

================
MURDER, SHE WROTE: SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST
Friday, July 5, 9:00PM ET/PT

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/movies_specials/mov_murder_she_wrote.shtml

Angela Lansbury stars as Jessica Fletcher in this television movie based on "Murder, She Wrote," the longest-running detective series in television history. In the film, Jessica joins in the search for a woman who is on the run after witnessing the murder of a man trying to expose a serious flaw in a top secret government satellite code.
================

This is an old episode. Not a very good story but fun to watch. Contains exterior shots of Amtrak Superliner train and Los Angeles Union Station platforms. Interior shots though are from a sound stage...

Date: 07/05/02 15:20
Author: kimura

That synopsis from the CBS web site isn't very good. Here's a better one from:

http://epguides.com/MurderSheWrote/season12.shtml

Dedicated to the Memory of: Derek Marlowe

Jessica is on a train headed for El Paso where she is to lecture at a conference. She shares a table in the dining car with a woman who subsequently vanishes, leaving her purse on the table. Then a message is announced for the woman and Jessica accepts it. This leads to an attack in her compartment and a demand for 'it'. She has no idea what 'it' is and is rescued by a man claiming to be a journalist. The plot thickens. She is warned away by an FBI man, but continues to follow her clues to Agua Verde where the woman apparently lives. The plot twists and turns as she delves deeper.

Date: 07/05/02 23:50
Author: TexasBill

I saw it the first time around and thought it was a pretty good story. I even taped it. I was so disgusted, though, with all the technical liberties taken that I soon scratched the tape.

* Angela leaves L.A. in a Heritage bedroom, during daylight at that.
* The dining car interior looks like that of a Hi-level dining car.
* The lounge looks like that of the lower level of a Superliner dorm car.
* The exterior shots of the train in motion I recall being in error but I can't remember why. Wrong train, maybe? Same clip used more than once?

There were other factual errors, too. My wife about killed me for bringing these up during our watching of the movie. <G>

What amazed me was Angela's hopping onto the ballast at night from the Superliner when I know she has had hip problems.

Bill in Texas

Date: 07/06/02 12:21
Author: Paul

The sound stage was at the car shops at Metrolink's Tayor shops. I dont remember what equipment was used but it was most interesting to see it done.
Paul
Redlands,Ca

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds