Home Open Account Help 167 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Mountains in Illinois

Date: 08/04/02 13:58
Mountains in Illinois
Author: Mayfair Tower

I didn't know we had mtns. in Illinois or at least near Joliet. 8 units don't you think that's a bit much!

Date: 08/04/02 14:29
Re: Mountains in Illinois
Author: grumpy1

This was due to the heavy load of cash being transferred from our govenors bank account to another location (switzerland)???

Date: 08/04/02 15:36
Author: albowen

That would require quite a string of power...I mean all the way from Illinois to Switzerland??? I am suprised they don't just attach helpers at the base of the Alps??? Maybe the long underwater run requires more power than normal?

Date: 08/04/02 15:53
Author: JimHardman

It's a precautionary measure in case 6 or 7 locomotives break down. Better to be safe than sorry. It's an old SP cliche.

Jim

Date: 08/04/02 16:55
Author: Kushtaka

Mt Carmel, Mt Auburn, Mt Olive, Mt Pulaski, Mt Carrol, Mt Greenwood, Mt Joy, Mt Sterling, Mt Morris, Mt Prospect, Mt Pulaski, Mt Vernon, Mt Zion, and Mountain Glen are all in Illinois. Combined height is slightly above sea level.

Date: 08/04/02 19:02
Author: rabbiteer

I once took a date to the bar at the top of the John Hancock building in Chicago. She was originally from California. We were up about 960 feet up in the air enjoying our libations. On one side was flat as can be Lake Michigan, out to the west on the other side was flat as can be Illinois. I'm an Illinois native. To me, flat is good and natural. (except for female persons obviously)

Anyway, she looks down at Illinois and says basically, "how can any place be this flat and still have a municipality called 'Mt. Prospect'"?

She pointed out to the direction of "Mt. Prospect" and said "I mean, where's the 'Mount'"?

Last I heard she was working for CSX down in Florida, which, I believe, is even flatter than Illinois.

Date: 08/05/02 22:43
Author: filmteknik

Maybe Prospect is a woman or a disk drive and "Mount" is a verb.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds