Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Amtrak in Rochelle!

Date: 08/04/02 16:25
Amtrak in Rochelle!
Author: bnsfsd70

What the heck was this train doing going west through Rochelle? Neither line carries Amtrak here. Thanks for any help, Jeff

Date: 08/04/02 16:30
Re: Amtrak in Rochelle!
Author: mderrick

Looks like deadheading passenger equipment to me. Don't think the closest Amtrak car even has Amtrak markings on it. Little housecleaning special from somewhere it looks like. Plus the engine appears to be a standard EMD from what I can tell.

Mike Derrick
Atlanta,GA

Date: 08/04/02 16:43
UP employee's special
Author: waybill

Area message groups are saying the UP was to run an Amtrak-equipped employees/retirees special today out of Chicago. Do not know destination, but should have up to 20 cars.

Date: 08/04/02 16:47
Horizon Dinette
Author: witrainfan66

Closest car is a Horizon Dinette from the looks of it. They don't have much lettering other than "Dinette" at each end.

Date: 08/04/02 20:21
Author: DaveyK

Per one of my UP sources in Boone, he was called for 2000 tonight to take the train to the Bluffs. Said if it was authorized 79 mph, he was gonna run it that fast. 70 I can see, 79 I cant.

DK

Date: 08/04/02 21:49
Author: LCW

> Per one of my UP sources in Boone, he was called for 2000
> tonight to take the train to the Bluffs. Said if it was
> authorized 79 mph, he was gonna run it that fast. 70 I can see,
> 79 I cant.
>
> DK
>
He won't run it that fast. You can never get up to speed on the east- west, especially lately.

I passed that train at Nachusa. It looked to be empty. Had a SD70 M on the point followed by a genisis engine in the Acela inspired scheme.

If it was a employees special , they didnt do a very good job of telling the employees about it, or getting it any pioroity , that train got stuck behind a train in emergency , and two concurrent form b's totalling over 12 miles .. had the west end of the Geneva Sub all fu barred today.DaveyK wrote:

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds