Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Roseville/Sacto Local Jobs

Date: 08/04/02 20:19
Roseville/Sacto Local Jobs
Author: sd60m

Will someone list the local jobs out of the Roseville, CA yard and their principal responsibilities on their run?

Thanks for any kind response.

Date: 08/05/02 07:03
Folsom Turn
Author: top_bullfrog

Ok, don't call me an expert or anything, the primary train THAT I KNOW OF(call me sheltered) is the folsom turn, going down the placerville industrial lead and serving a business at jackson rd(a gravel place) and more. Right before watt there's a place to go under a crane and stuff in teichert, then you go for a while and i dont think there are any more customers untill you hit bradshaw, and then it follows bradshaw for 1/2 a mile going to some kind of wood place. Then it's on to schnitzer steel(sp?) With cars of scrap metal. I've seen oil cars on the folsom turn before, but i don't know what industry they go to. I don't know of any further responsibilities, but i'm probably wrong, as i live about 1/2 mile away from it by watt, and i can't drive yet so... I hope this bit of info is correct and helped.

Date: 08/05/02 09:40
Re: Folsom Turn
Author: sd60m

Thanks, frog...sounds like you know your Folsom turn. Any idea how often it makes the turn and/or what kind of power does it use?

Date: 08/05/02 20:45
Re: Folsom Turn
Author: top_bullfrog

I often hear it during the day, and again at night, it seems like they're taking 2 trips anymore. They used to use SW engines, but now they use 2 axle engines like GP38-2's. Always 2 engines, and usually about 10 cars. E-mail me at Top_bullfrog@hotmail if you want to know more, i'd be glad to tell you what i know.
Bullfog

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds