Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunny day in WA

Date: 03/10/08 16:40
Sunny day in WA
Author: AdamPhillips

I had to be in Everett, WA for a meeting last Tuesday. As the sun lowered, I knew my chances were getting slim.
1. A BN caboose waiting around with a BN cherry picker.
2. Alas nothing worth showing but a shadow.
3. The tide went out.

Date: 03/10/08 16:46
Re: Sunny day in WA

Evening took me to the Everett Amtrak station where several Sounder units are serviced overnight.
4. Green board, I found out too late, is for the southbound Cascades
5. Nearly froze to death so I slipped in the station.
6. AM radio on a train used to be a big deal. Times have changed.

Date: 03/10/08 16:52

Next day, skipped out early. Unfortunately, I was unable to see the roundhouse at Ballard very well.
1. Fresh covered hoppers ready to go.
I decided to see what the bridge looked like in hopes of catching a crossing.
2. The bridge was down and no trains in sight.
3. As I was about to give up. I heard a noise. Turns out it was the interlocks being pulled. No bells or warnings, though.

Date: 03/10/08 16:55

7. What do you do if the bridge isn't square with the track?
8. Half way up.
9. Ahoy scurvy dogs!

Date: 03/10/08 17:00

10. Two of three which passed after going through the Ballard Locks.
11. Hienz 57 lashup at Boeing Field.
12. Only the second Belle I've seen. My wife doesn't let me out much.

I love my wife but when she asked me if I wanted a digital camera, I knew I should have picked it myself. She doesn't know how to spell SLR so she got me a Konica Minolta DiMage Z6. Gotta love her though for thinking of me. I'll have to use it a couple of more years before it mysteriously meets death.

Date: 03/11/08 22:29
Author: TopcoatSmith

Oh baby those doors at Everett know the story ...
A few years ago I was on the SB Cascade out of Vancouver BC with cafe attendant Rob Lies (Iles but it's funnier his way) and this stunning brunette from Surrey. She was on her way down to confront her liar boyfriend who happened to work for Amtrak and we discussed "stuff and things" all the way down (with the mandatory smoke break - yes everyone - at Bellyland). She consumed many beers and changed out of the black thigh-high boots and skirt into pants and shoes before disembarking at E-town. We watched from the door of the Talgo as she entered the station and walked straight up to the soon-to-be ex and layed into him, I was ceratin she was gonna knock him to the floor but he was walking backwards trying to explain ....
The conductor turned to us and said "see what you guys did ? she's gonna kill him"
We all had a good laugh and left relatively on-time.

Nice bunch of pictures, you should do that again.

TCS - but then so should i, and next time get her name ..... (DOH !!!!)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0736 seconds