Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Easter in Sandy Eggo

Date: 03/26/08 16:37
Easter in Sandy Eggo
Author: TopcoatSmith

Everybody needs a break from the overrated Cajon don't they ? Even rockstar Brian took time off ..
Red and I stayed in Solana Beach about 100 yards from the mainline so we could hear all that nice middle-of-the-night freight action along with the Surfliners and Coasters.
She took a couple pics down in SD while I drove by the SD&IY power, we stopped for a soda at the Shell station near the airport and got overflown a few times (bummer that they closed off the corner lot adjacent to Solar Turbines ..)
We took a spin on the Sprinter and met a cute redhead (You shoulda seen her Mac, glacier blue eyes and red hair down to her waist, don't even have to wait til I get to Ireland eh ?)
There are some enteratining grades on that branch to Escondido and the loop is a lot of fun.
Our driver on the return managed to flat spot the wheels at the first stop after the loop, and while it's not as fast as driving, it beats traffic hands down.

Date: 03/26/08 16:40
Re: Easter in Sandy Eggo

Waiting for the inbound at OSD.
Here it comes.
Looking out the front.

Date: 03/26/08 16:43

After we slid to a stop and met an outbound we thumped our way to OSD.
A SB Coaster went by as we left the platform.

Date: 03/26/08 16:51

Back at the casa we walked over to shoot at least one, happened to be a Coaster NB.
Kicking back on the Pation at Tony's Jacal in Solana with margaritas, music, and a nice evening sky is definitely a happy Easter.

TCS - by dinner time friday i'll be on my way to Dublin from JFK

Date: 03/26/08 16:55
Author: WrongWayMurphy

If you look closely you can see a crack in the belly of the 737.

You have to really squint to see it.

Date: 03/26/08 17:16
Author: RonSD70

I expect you, Chris and Debra to behave yourselves in Eire.

Date: 03/26/08 17:47

You expect too much ...

TC esch

Date: 03/28/08 09:37
Author: AdamPhillips

Where's the red head?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0555 seconds