Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Old Yard Office at Ozol Demolished

Date: 03/26/08 16:25
Old Yard Office at Ozol Demolished
Author: sp3811

UP's contractors made short work of tearing down the old yard office at Ozol today. All that remained when I arrived at about 10 am were were two piles of debris which which were being loaded into a semi and hauled away. Came within a few minutes of having two stack trains meet while I was there. To my regret, the meet took place a bit west of Ozol.
Had the pleasure of talking with several other foamers; Carrie (enjoy that S5, Carrie), Stan, Chris Bekaris and the fairer half of Sierra Roger and Laurie. Sorry you couldn't make it Kodachrome9319, but it was mostly rubble and heavy machinery.
I recall many stories about the goings on at that yard office during it's life in Ozol in SP days. How many people remember the area before it was there?
sp3811

Date: 03/26/08 16:29
Re: Old Yard Office at Ozol Demolished
Author: alex14ramos

Me and yarddogh were out there about 2 or 3pm and there was about half a truckloads worth of debris (including the old SP trailer) by the time I left. Im not sure where Jim Dobbas is dropping it all off at.

Take Care,
Alex Ramos

Date: 03/26/08 16:57
Author: SpHero

But where did the "OZOL" yard office sign go to?
(SpHero)

Date: 03/26/08 17:13
Author: alex14ramos

SpHero Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But where did the "OZOL" yard office sign go to?
> (SpHero)

I heard Rio Vista museum got it several years ago.

Take Care,
Alex Ramos

Date: 03/26/08 17:19
Author: SPLoopConductor

Are they going to bring in a 'dumpy' trailer to replace it, or has it already been replaced by a trailer?

Take Care, Stay Safe, Have Fun!

Larry

Date: 03/26/08 17:25
Author: kodachrome9319

SPLoopConductor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are they going to bring in a 'dumpy' trailer to
> replace it, or has it already been replaced by a
> trailer?

There's one of those 'portables' in there now.

Ozol office will be missed greatly, let her RIP.

Steven Welch
spent many of nights at Ozol...

Date: 03/26/08 17:51

Thanks, Steve.

Larry

Date: 03/26/08 18:13
Re: Old Yard Office . . New and Old
Author: Yarddogh

Here are the new and old offices side by side in a pic taken a month ago. Appears the new
set-up takes into account the occasional light 'flooding' that can occur with very high tides.
'Dogh

Date: 03/26/08 21:11

Has the nice Southern Pacific sign been moved to the 'new' office...? The new "building" which will probably only last, in decent shape, half (or less) the years the old office did. Those types of trailers are not able to hold up to hard RR use, they are for temporary use, not as permanent structures.

Cheapo, Cheapo!

Larry

Date: 03/27/08 18:12
Author: DynamicBrake

Yeah, those modules sure do have the charm that the old structures had!! The air conditioning units on the end are particularly appealing.....SHEEEEESH!!!

Kent in Carmel Valley

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds