Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > EL Paso and Southwest Railroad depot in Tucson AZ

Date: 05/23/08 01:10
EL Paso and Southwest Railroad depot in Tucson AZ
Author: Cjcheely

Hello

These are some shot's of the EL Paso and Southwest Railroad depot in Tucson AZ, It's now a resturant (undergoing restorion. There some parts of the track to south yard still there but it's mostly gone

Photo 1
The depot looking west

photo 2
The historical marker

photo 3
Detail of the herald

Chris

Date: 05/23/08 02:41
Re: EL Paso and Southwest Railroad depot in Tucson AZ
Author: Misfit138

Cool pics Chris, I didn't know another restaurant was going in there. Since I live in the neighborhood, I check on it every so often, and I haven't seen any activity going on there in awhile. Good to know someone is taking advantage of the location since the decision to build a new stadium in that area. -Matt

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1525670,1525834#msg-1525834

also,

http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/blogs/morguetales/8278/TheElPasoSouthwesternRailwayDepot

EDIT: Check out: Tucson was a Railroad Town
By:William D. Kalt III
VTD Publishing
www.vtd.net
Library of Congress C#: 2006934320

Date: 05/23/08 06:21
Author: livesteamer

Back in the late 60s and early 70s, the Southern Arizona Society of Model Engineers occupied one of the waiting rooms with a large model railroad. When the Espee told us to move, the club bought a vacant home near the airbase. I think SASME still is in the Tucson area.

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 05/23/08 08:17
Author: kdrtrains

Greetings
This is where we got off of the 4449 World's Fair Daylight train from Phoenix back in the 80s. And until the last few years, the depot was home to a very good Mexican restaurant.

KR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds