Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Nothing left in Stockton.......

Date: 08/26/02 12:11
Nothing left in Stockton.......
Author: FALLENFLAG2000

Ever heard that old saying " Photograph it now for tomorrow it will be gone " Well this photo was taken in Stockton CA. An I can tell you just about everything in this photo is gone except the tracks.

They say progress is good, I guess it brings up that old question " why is it everything that's good for you taste so bad.....?

Fallenflag2000
Harry Armstrong

Date: 08/26/02 12:28
Re: Nothing left in Stockton.......
Author: cdub

I presume this photo bears witness to the last second of the lives of those two foamers standing on the tracks in front of the 8636.

Date: 08/26/02 12:44
Re: Nothing left in Stockton.......
Author: jst3751

??????????????

Unless the tracks go under the signal pole and box and the train is going to demolish them I don't think so.

Date: 08/26/02 12:45
Harry, you're wrong. . .
Author: dickpalmer

Not EVERYTHING in that photo is gone. .those foamers were still there a few weeks ago, still in the same (pretty rank by now)t-shirts. Pewheee!

Date: 08/26/02 13:02
Well something big is still left
Author: espeeboy

SD40M-2 SP8636 is alive and well on its way to Mojave today in unpatched and less grimy condition. Haven't been down there to spot it recently but itz a 50/50 chance in L.A. that it has graffiti on it. Thaz more important to me then anything else although hanging out at Stockton Tower today would be cool - manned or unamanned...

-Ryan aka "espeeboy"

on the ex-WP Oakland Sub MP11.2

trace the SP8636 and other ESPEE survivors (for the next 5 days) at...

http://www.geocities.com/espeeboy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds