Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Iowa updates, UP and BNSF

Date: 06/19/08 07:15
Iowa updates, UP and BNSF
Author: gmojim

The UP just cancelled their embargo on the east west main thru Iowa. Great news. Both tracks open at Cedar Rapids.

At Fort Madison, the water has been rising again and near the rails, but trains still running and maybe this is the crest of the river, Hopefully.

Thanks to everyone who has posted good info and kept us informed. Big help to our office as we have a lot of containers and trailers on both UP and BNSF thru this area.

gmojim

Date: 06/19/08 09:40
Re: Iowa updates, UP and BNSF
Author: kudzu44

Ft. Madison cam pics from about 11:30 CDT

Date: 06/19/08 09:41
Author: kudzu44

Ft. Madison cam pics.

Date: 06/19/08 14:46
Author: PasadenaSub

Any updates on the ex-CB&Q mainline across southern Iowa (Creston and Ottumwa Subs)?

Date: 06/19/08 15:26
Author: QU25C

PasadenaSub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any updates on the ex-CB&Q mainline across
> southern Iowa (Creston and Ottumwa Subs)?

Its dropped 6"today and a foot by 1pm Friday so think they may be getting things moving soon.

Date: 06/19/08 17:52
Author: CShaveRR

The UP main line may be open, but I suspect that Beverly Yard itself is probably still out of business. They reopened Clinton to handle some of its own business, and Proviso has been making a direct CIC block.

Date: 06/19/08 20:34
Author: rrman6

Hey there's nothing like a "water-cooled" braking system, anyway, it sure makes a difference on a damp morning with my auto's disk brakes. I wonder if the same effect applies with the railroad brake, as most older brake shoes were metal, but now some are composition pads I believe.

Date: 06/19/08 20:39
Author: ProAmtrak

Yeah, and BNSF sure ain't givin' up over at Ft. Madison, hopefully they'll get 3 and 4 back on that route too!

Date: 06/20/08 08:27
Author: Cumbresfan

The river is still high at Fort Madison The Army COE hydrograph is still close to the max recorded on Tuesday morning, but it is beginning to slowly decline.

http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/shefgraph-wotem2.cfm?sid=FMDI4&d=7&dt=S

Haven't had time to watch the webcam, but suspect the RR is open unless their are problems across the river.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0644 seconds