Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Need Help From BNSF Employees

Date: 09/09/02 16:49
Need Help From BNSF Employees
Author: MN_GUY_03

I know I have posted this a million times, but I need an update. I'm in a program at school called Mentor Connection. First semester I spend time studying the career and getting familiar with it. Second semester they set you up with a mentor and you follow them around and then show everything with the career. I was also wondering if some BNSF engineers could E-mail me and basically break down the stopping process of a train and what kinds of different methods are used. Also, I was wondering what is involved in getting a job working for the R.R. Are there going to be many openings for Conducters? What happens after you pass the course at J.C.C. I want to work in Minnesota, because it is where I live and all my family is here. My goal is to be a conducter for BNSF. What do you think about BNSF letting me near a yard and following around employees working there? This isn't some little High School program, it is run by a college. Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

E-mail-- Sidewynder15@hotmail.com

Date: 09/10/02 13:02
Re: Need Help From BNSF Employees
Author: AAK

Why don't you go to the BNSF company site and DL the Air Brake & Train Handling rule book. It has a number of train handling scenarios in it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds