Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Marysville sub Intermodal traffic

Date: 07/16/08 13:47
UP Marysville sub Intermodal traffic
Author: AaronJ

What intermodal traffic is running via the UP Marysville sub anymore? Things seem to have gotten very quiet lately on this lane as both the KMNOA/KOAMN are running via the Sunset route and the only regulars I see running through Nebraska anymore are the ZKCPD and ZSEME as I haven't see the IDUSE in months (maybe it runs at night through NE) and the ZSCKC seem to be running sporadically at best.

Aaron

Date: 07/16/08 15:05
Re: UP Marysville sub Intermodal traffic
Author: zwsplac

Not sure what days they run but here are some of the intermodals that would use the Marysville Sub:

IDUSE
KMNOA (Apparently running the Sunset Route)
KOAMN (Apparently running the Sunset Route)
KTAMN
ZKCPD
ZSCKC
ZSEMN

Kind of odd that some of these trains don't seem to have counterparts. However, I'm not an inside source by any means.

Date: 07/16/08 15:38
Author: imrl

I can speak as an inside source. Looks like the only thing that runs these days are the ZKCPD westbound and the ZSEMN and ZSCKC eastbound. At least thats all we have on the lineup or what I've seen lately.

Date: 07/16/08 19:15
Author: gmojim

Aaron;
I have loads on the K-MNOA several times a week, and the reroute via the Sunset, over the hill and up the Valley has been running faster than the regular route thru North Platte. Loads deliver on the 4th day now instead of usually 5th day on the regular route.
I believe the I-DUSE still runs, I had some Portland freight on it recently.

gmojim

Date: 07/16/08 20:11
Author: Boomer

KMNOA/KOAMN trains still have the "D" on the end of the symbol for detour, so I would assume they will be back on the regular routing sometime in the near future. Interesting, however, about the faster running times by way of the T&P/Sunset routes as I would not have ever thought that was possible...will be interesting to see what happens as far as a permanent routing for those trains when things get cleared up a little more back in the Midwest after the recent flooding problems in Iowa.

Date: 07/17/08 05:35
Author: cdub

I think non-coal traffic on the Marysville Sub has been down lately, probably due to floodings, fires and the economy. Recent lineups I have seen indicate about 60-70% coal, everything else manifests, autos and intermodal.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0901 seconds