Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CTC DINA Contributors

Date: 09/10/02 21:35
CTC DINA Contributors
Author: scooby

OK so the nearest shop from me that has CTC is an hour away and they don't have the DINA issue yet, so can anyone who has gotten their copy tell me who's shots made it in?

Scooby

Date: 09/10/02 22:24
Re: CTC DINA Contributors
Author: cdub

Here's some of the regular TO posters who made it:

Plantman (Brian Plant - 2 none the less)
Mtnwestrl (Paul Berkholz)
Justin Tognetti
Ray Lewis
Toledopatch (David Patch)
J.E. Troxler
Wes Carr

I'm sure there's some others, but I can't connect their real names to their TO handles.

Date: 09/10/02 22:51
Author: Mikey

I have not yet seen the issue myself, but three people have told me that one of my photos was printed. Look for a vertical Amtrak shot by Michael Johannessen in California. It's the one with the nasty glare off the nose of the lead unit. ;)

Date: 09/10/02 23:03
Author: rrnut_99

Your pic is on page 37.

L.G.

Mikey wrote:

> I have not yet seen the issue myself, but three people have
> told me that one of my photos was printed. Look for a vertical
> Amtrak shot by Michael Johannessen in California. It's the one
> with the nasty glare off the nose of the lead unit. ;)
>
> [%sig%]

Date: 09/11/02 07:43
Author: HoosierVirg

First time in my forty years of being a railfan I sent some pictures to a magazine, thought I would try DINA and see what came of it. My picture of the RDCs on the Louisville, New Albany & Corydon passing some stored Alcos in southern Indiana made page 53. Have a good and safe day.

Date: 09/11/02 10:12
Author: phillipsiiija

For the seventy-seventh year in a row, I got skunked.

Date: 09/11/02 12:37
Author: toledopatch

I think this was either the fourth year or the fifth year that I submitted for DINA, and the first time I've been chosen. So if at first you fail, try, try again.

Furthermore, the picture that was chosen was one that I just took "along the way" while going for other fish that I thought would be of greater interest, but weren't chosen. You can never know for sure what will strike an editor's fancy.

Date: 09/11/02 14:11
Author: robertwscott

FoamersNW's own Drew Mitchem (Amtrak34east) was published for the first time. His photo was at Hatton, Wa. Took years of encouragement for him to submit. He went to slides last year after lots of lobbying. After looking at a lot of his quality photo's you will probably see more from him in the future.

I guess the subscription folks get theirs first. Hobbytown USA in Centralia still hasnt recieved theirs (or mine).

Robert Scott
FoamersNW
Grand Mound, Wa

Date: 09/11/02 17:43
Author: raylewis

Yeah you really never know what the editor is going to like. The shot of mine that was run, was taken while waiting for a westbound train parked up at the siding at Cliff. One of those "extra" shots. The color is a little off, but I wont complain. I only had a chance to glance at the pictures, so I really can't pick a favorite. Well you all have a good one. RayL

Date: 09/12/02 11:01
Author: SantaFefan

I sent in 4 slides. The first one was taken on the Chilli sub early that morning. I also caught a couple of trains that afternoon over by Chana IL, one being a brand new dash 9. I really liked that one and thought it might have a chance. It was getting late so I thought I would make one last stop in Nelson IL. (I almost didn't) There, I caught two more trains (west bounds) the last one of the day before heading home came through at 7:00 PM, and as was said in the caption, the sun did just poke through the clouds before the train showed up.
Well, that's the one they liked, and that is the first time that I have ever been published. This is only the second time I have ever sent anything in.
BTW. I also had the pleasure to meet Chicago Rob and a friend of his at Nelson, and I thank both of you for letting me set up along side of you.

Santa Fe fan

Bill Koenig
From Stoughton Wisconsin.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.058 seconds