Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Where is this? On BNSF Port/Sea

Date: 09/10/02 22:10
Where is this? On BNSF Port/Sea
Author: gngoat

I've been listening to Centralia North on the 'net and heard detector at milepost 26.4.

Where is that in layman's terms?

Thanks!

Heard it say "No defects, 56 axles"

Date: 09/10/02 22:20
Re: Where is this? On BNSF Port/Sea
Author: johnwvan

There is a detector at 26.4X between Auburn and Sumner. 26.4 without the X would be between Nisqually and Saint Clair, and I don't think there is a detector there. Are you north of Tacoma? The mile posts all have Xs between Seattle and Tacoma.

56 axles sounds like AMTK #14. Is it that close to being on time?

John

Date: 09/10/02 22:28

I did not hear it say 26.4X, so it must have been the one on Nisqually.

It came in loud and clear on the railroad.net connection on the internet.

I'm in Tacoma area near Cheney Stadium.

P.S. Hope to hear how many axles on the Circus Train when it passes that MP.

Date: 09/10/02 22:36

I know there is a detector at or near Titlow Beach so will have to see if I can pick that one up on the 'net connection for Auburn.

Date: 09/10/02 22:42
Author: johnwvan

There is one at Saint Clair about MP 27 north of Centennial about 5 miles; one at MP 18.5, and Titlow is 10.1. There is not one at 26.4, so I'm guessing you must have heard the 26.4X near Auburn earlier. The X would be easy to miss.

Date: 09/10/02 22:42

You were right, it was 26.4X, so it was between Sea/Tac

Date: 09/11/02 08:34
26.4x on BNSF Seattle Sub
Author: badiron

...is just south of Auburn Yard. I doubt you'd hear any of the detectors south of Tacoma since they're too far away from Auburn. Often you can hear some of the Tacoma chatter from Auburn; I've forgotten which frequency the RBBB Circus folks' radios use while un/loading (it's in the back of the Altamont railfan TT--goto http://www.altamontpress.com and look in the Dealers listing for Tacoma Trains on Proctor (on the hill above Ruston), it's a great hobby shop run by a nice fellow).

---
Christian

Date: 02/22/21 13:35
Author: westcascaderail

26.4x is in sumner

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds