Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > K-MNOA transit times have improved

Date: 10/05/08 18:32
K-MNOA transit times have improved
Author: gmojim

Boomer will be happy to hear that the K-MNOA is now running the North Platte route faster and I can deliver my loads on the 4th day out of Marion. When the train detoured via the Sunset and up the valley, the train ran 4th day arrival, but when it moved back to the North Platte route, the transit was 5th day delivery until about the past 2 weeks.
Looks to be the area from St Louis to North Platte where the times are better.

gmojim

Date: 10/06/08 02:28
Re: K-MNOA transit times have improved
Author: imrl

I can at least say that we do our part on the KC to Marysville segment. I like to run 'em hot!

Date: 10/06/08 08:12
Author: NightCoast

If there's any attempt on the Jeff City side, something always comes up.

Its like herding sheep.

Axy

Date: 10/06/08 08:29
Author: Boomer

Jim, I'm glad to hear the trains are getting over the road a little faster, but the downturn in traffic is probably a bit of a factor in that as well, freeing up more space on the mainlines. I'm still figuring that both the KMNOA/KOAMN symbols will route south on a permanent basis once the Sunset double tracking work is done in a few years.

Date: 10/06/08 15:04
Author: AaronJ

Hi Boomer! Long time no talk! As far as rerouting to the south, it's really not about the Sunset route anymore as all of the new 2 main track has/will create extra capacity. It really depends if UP wants to keep the extra room on the single track T&P across west Texas for new traffic/growth to/from the southeast CONUS or to eat up the capacity by rerouting existing trains like the KMNOA/KOAMN. Another matter that may complicate moving these trains southward, is that they carry a decent percentage of traffic from St. Louis as well. If they slide the KMNOA/KOAMN trains south, UP will be forced to recreate the old IDUOA symbol running via the Overland route. Not sure UP wants to break up 2 trains into 3 or 4 trains.

Aaron

Boomer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jim, I'm glad to hear the trains are getting over
> the road a little faster, but the downturn in
> traffic is probably a bit of a factor in that as
> well, freeing up more space on the mainlines. I'm
> still figuring that both the KMNOA/KOAMN symbols
> will route south on a permanent basis once the
> Sunset double tracking work is done in a few
> years.

Date: 10/06/08 20:58
Author: Boomer

Aaron, you could be right - we'll just have to wait and see. I personally hope both trains stay on the northern routing but your guess is as good as mine. If the potential business for UP between LA and Dallas/Memphis takes off like it's supposed to in the coming years, UP might just keep the trains running north, but hard to say at this point and time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0552 seconds