Date: 10/11/08 14:25
Old Tracks Wandering Through Trees
Author: GrandeGold

Where is it?

GG

Date: 10/11/08 15:03
Re: Old Tracks Wandering Through Trees
Author: KoloradoKid

Just south of American Fork, original Utah Ry main line?

KK

Date: 10/11/08 15:43
Author: xtra1188w

Part of the former Rio Grande Sugarhouse Branch? Just guessing.

Con

Date: 10/11/08 15:52
Author: bbateman

A beautiful picture. Mt. Olympus in the background. Just before 1300 West in West Jordan, Utah on the branch line out of Midvale.

Date: 10/11/08 16:26
Author: GrandeGold

bbateman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A beautiful picture. Mt. Olympus in the
> background. Just before 1300 West in West Jordan,
> Utah on the branch line out of Midvale.

Excellent! I took a short stroll through these trees and reflected on all of the D&RGW locals that have trodden by this place over the years. Today it's Utah Railway and Savage Bingham & Garfield that runs along these rails. Incidently, this piece of right of way of will change completely when UTA builds it's new double track light rail line through here. Construction has already begun. One day you will be able ride an LRV where GP30's once trod.

GG

Date: 10/11/08 19:05
Author: rehunn

Great, we've got this excellent customer who has this sorta
grandfathered asphalt plant right almost next to the picture
and we'll have trains of NIMBY's going by.

Date: 10/13/08 14:08
Author: MrOGDEN

GG,

Today I left my mother at the hospital in Midvale (right off of Vine Street) so I decided to find Utah's Midvale yard, I got lost and ended up at Chemtrec-Ford??? Well I was off again, within a few minutes, I was there. Savage was switching with the two B36's and the 8620. The other 38-2 was on the "house track". They stop there train north of the switch of the wye leading to Bingham branch. So I thought to my self, lets find a spot to set up and take a picture, so the first place that I cam to was a entrance to Asphalt Materials at 7961 SO and 1300 West. Then something looked familiar, this is where the "Old Tracks Wandering Through Trees" where is it? Anything related to Savage was a little dump truck that came by.. but no train. So I went back to the hospital, picked my mother and we went back home.

What a way to find a where is it.

MrOGDEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds