Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Three day sojourn to Arizona with 3rdswitch - Day 2

Date: 11/19/08 20:21
Three day sojourn to Arizona with 3rdswitch - Day 2
Author: ATSF100WEST

Hi Again-

For day one, see:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1804829

For me, day two was to be a revelation, and a bad karma day.

Unbeknownst to me on November 7, 2008, it was TEN YEARS AGO to the DAY, that I last visited Crozier Canyon (November 7, 1998 - Image One).

On the way to set up for the second shot of the seventh this year, I bit the dirt hard, having a rock go out from under me. I'm still recovering from this incident - may have a slight fracture in my left leg (previously from the same thing occurring at Klondike). Thanks to John (qnyla), he assisted me with a first-aid kit, for the two fingers I ripped open.

The trains ran east; I was in little mood to relocate for anything but westbounds. What you will see is about one/third the action that BNSF threw at us.

Day three, while a going home day, was far better (quality over quantity). Stay tuned. (Three images follow in reply).

Bob

ATSF100WEST......Ouch

Date: 11/19/08 20:39
Re: Three day sojourn to Arizona with 3rdswitch - Day 2
Author: 3rdswitch

Came out pretty good I'd say.
JB

Date: 11/19/08 20:47
Author: somewherewest

Nice work. You did some serious hiking.

Chuck Donaldson
Portland, OR Tucson, AZ
Somewhere West of Denver

Date: 11/19/08 21:14
Author: Indecline

All very nice! Sorry to hear that you suffered an injury while getting these. I do a lot of solo railfanning and climb a bit in the Gorge in the winter and worry a bit what may happen if something goes wrong. :(

Date: 11/19/08 22:26
Author: CimaScrambler

Geeze, dude, I thought you were joking when you suggested a sacrifice for art's sake was a sacrifice well made! But you can't convince me you aren't a mountain goat when you put your mind to it - just remember that craggy rock on Ash Hill in the dark before moonrise six years ago (http://home.earthlink.net/~kitathome/LunarLight/moonlight_gallery/pages/2002-09-02-27.htm).

Never the less, the photos were worth going after! Nice work, Mr. Bob!

- Kit

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 11/20/08 05:12
Author: qnyla

Great photos Bob. Excellent work.

Fun visiting with you.

John

Date: 11/20/08 06:10
Author: driver

I bit the dust hard just west of Nelson around a similar time, cut my left wrist, first aid kit is always useful, although it helps if its with you and not in the glovebox. One second you are stood up the next second you are on yer ass worrying about how the camera equipment faired and cussing alot, which always makes me feel better.

Hope there are no lasting effects Bob, just a little war story to go with those very nice photographs.

ATB

Steve

ps. I see Croziers micro climate is alive and well, when do those cottonwoods turn yellow?!?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds