Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Structures, signal, tunnel, commemoration

Date: 11/20/08 06:23
Structures, signal, tunnel, commemoration
Author: fbe

Let me just get started here. I will probably have two more photos to share before the week is out but let's get some of the easy ones out of the way.

Since I get to make a lot of train meets at West Hope, ID, I get to practice photography in a variety of lighting conditions. I like the way the loco number lights balance the cantalever search lights.

This image of the rock shed attached the tunnel between the siding of Rivulet and the abandoned siding at Quartz on the old NP mainline in Montana is familiar to some on this forum. It is unique to the NP, though and the moving night time image came out pretty well.

Sometimes a railroad will construct a structure to commemorate and event. Finishing the multi million dollar construction of the railroad seems worthy of some form of notice to travelers on the line. This acknowledgement served the Milwaukee Road near Gold Creek for decades. Fortunately, it was saved during the abandonment and has been restored for display in Deer Lodge where the E-70 is on display.

Date: 11/20/08 10:10
Re: Structures, signal, tunnel, commemoration
Author: Yarddogh

The 'tunnel portal freak' in me definitely activated with that 2nd one . .
First one very nice catch as well . . 'Dogh

Date: 11/20/08 20:21
Re: Structures, signal, tunnel, commemoration
Author: TedS-P

Shot #2 has always been a favorite of mine, great shot!

Ted S-P

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds