Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Structures

Date: 11/22/08 17:19
Structures
Author: sdrake

The first two entries are coal load outs

#1 Clear Creek near Scofield, Utah taken Aug 13, 2006 on a day with mountain showers in the background. The third unit which is not that visible was a Sante Fe Warbonnet SD70

#2 The Deseret Power load out south of Dinosaur, Colorado taken Nov 1, 2008

Date: 11/22/08 17:39
Re: Structures
Author: sdrake

#3 The east portal of the Mullan Pass tunnel taken July 5, 2008. This is a rather unique blower system for clearing the smoke out of the tunnel. I did not see it
in operation but apparently the blower on the right side is operable. The air is injected thru a horseshoe shaped nozzle without the use of any doors.

#4 & #5 Some of the brides at Palisade, Nevada. Both were taken Aug 31, 2008, #4 at the beginning of my photograph that day and # 5 at the end of my photograph that day. In #4, the train is passing under the flyover where the ex-WP passed over the ex-SP. This span is skewed an entire panel. The thru truss spans in #5 are also visible under the flyover bridge in #4. In #5, the train is about to pass over the Humbolt river that Mark Twain once described as the meanest rive in America but I think he was probably referring the river further west where is more alkaline.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.266 seconds