Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Route 66 Railway book signing in Fontana Dec. 6

Date: 12/04/08 15:38
Route 66 Railway book signing in Fontana Dec. 6
Author: El4Short

Hi all,
If you're in the Fontana, California area this Saturday (December 6), Foothill Railways hobby shop will host a book signing for the new book "Route 66 Railway," about Santa Fe/BNSF and Route 66 in the Southwest. I'll be signing books from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The hobby shop is part of the Foothill Builders-Ace Hardware Center, and it's located at 15825 Foothill Blvd. (along Route 66) in Fontana.

For more information, call the store at 909-829-2929. The book's website is at: http://www.66rails.com/. Below are a few page spreads from the book -- they're small grabs from production PDFs, but you get the idea. :-)

Take care,
Elrond L.

Date: 12/04/08 15:52
Re: Route 66 Railway book signing in Fontana Dec. 6
Author: Red_over_Yellow

El4Short Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all,
> If you're in the Fontana, California area this
> Saturday (December 6), Foothill Railways hobby
> shop will host a book signing for the new book
> "Route 66 Railway," about Santa Fe/BNSF and Route
> 66 in the Southwest. I'll be signing books from
> 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The hobby shop is part of the
> Foothill Builders-Ace Hardware Center, and it's
> located at 15825 Foothill Blvd. (along Route 66)
> in Fontana.
>
> For more information, call the store at
> 909-829-2929. The book's website is at:
> http://www.66rails.com/. Below are a few page
> spreads from the book -- they're small grabs from
> production PDFs, but you get the idea. :-)
>
> Take care,
> Elrond L.

Elrond

I picked my copy up a few weeks ago and I must say it is a great work. The text is excellent as are the photos. Thank You

EdK

Date: 12/04/08 17:15
Author: rattenne

Hey El, I see you're doing your marketing homework!! I'm reading my copy v e r y slowly to prolong the affect of driving on a two lane highway with a fat camper in front of me... :))

Date: 12/04/08 18:03
Author: TedS-P

This book is an amazing treat for the eyes that hopefully many will purchase for no other reason than for the quality of it's content. Glad I got mine already, it's money well spent.

Ted S-P

Date: 12/04/08 23:06
Congrats
Author: mmrailfan

I haven't seen the book, but congrats on publishing it. I hope I recognize a few of those shots. If I can break away, I'll be in Victorville for Mark's wedding (yes, my 21 year old Marine Corps nephew; that Mark). But if I don't see you, all the best.

Michael

Date: 12/06/08 08:51
Re: Congrats
Author: El4Short

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the kind words.

Ken, I'm impressed that you're taking such an authentic approach to reading the book. :-) Look forward to seeing a few of you soon... and tomorrow when I'm following the BNSF Christmas Train. Mike, you'll defintiely recognize some shots! Wow, Mark grew up quickly. Hope to see you, but if not today, then soon.

El

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0596 seconds