Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > All Rio Grande....almost

Date: 12/24/08 12:00
All Rio Grande....almost
Author: rovertrain

UP finally did something right again....They brought UP 1445, ex-Rio Grande GP40-2 still in DRGW colors just patched, and are using it on the Local in Colorado Springs. The Colorado Springs local uses a Rio Grande Caboose as a shoving platform ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1824762,1825241#msg-1825241 ), and so this is a neat consist. A Rio Grande GP40-2 (Really Clean) and the newly painted Rio Grande caboose.

Images are all grainy and extremely soft. I used photoshop to resize and cleanup. They don't look like that on the computer, camera (Rebel XTi) or in photoshop. They only look like this after upload. GrandeGold, whats the secret?

Date: 12/24/08 13:05
Re: All Rio Grande....almost
Author: britchie

I'm not GG but on my screen they look pretty good. TFS.
Rgds, Bob

Date: 12/24/08 14:22
Author: nickrgeorge

Awesome shots, it's cool how the UP still uses a caboose on these locals. They have all of the ex-DRGW's in the wrong part of the country... Three of of the patched GP40-2's were hanging out on the Santa Cruz Local, over here in the beaches of CA. I caught the local twice with this trio of DRGW power, there are two videos in the video library here, and here's a shot (although not a good one!) of them up close. The ocean is about 1000ft on the other side of the train.

Date: 12/24/08 14:47
Author: rovertrain

Man, I hate graffiti.

Date: 12/24/08 16:51
Author: NH2006

Wow, very nice!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds