Home Open Account Help 409 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Valmont Train & Grensteins

Date: 12/24/08 13:39
Valmont Train & Grensteins
Author: FrontRangeTrains

After the empty Valmont Coal Train (E-LONBTM0-05A) went north yesterday, BNSF sent the loaded train, (C-BTMLON0-06A), up the Front Range Sub today, with a nice lash up. BNSF 9624, BNSF 9274, BNSF 9603, BNSF 5618, and BNSF 9290. After dropping off the 105 loaded hoppers at the Valmont Plant in Boulder, Colorado, the power came to Longmont, and Rezenburger picked up the three crewman and took them back to Denver.

1) BNSF 9624 and the four other units are seen doing track speed of 40 MPH as they race out of Niwot, Colorado, and continue to Longmont.

2) BNSF 9624 is seen passing by the BNSF Depot in Longmont, and will pull into the small siding and tie down.

3) BNSF 9624 is seen tied down on the small siding in Longmont.

Thanks for looking and have a great Christmas and New Years.

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 12/24/08 14:49
Re: Valmont Train & Grensteins
Author: GeneL

John, what happens to those units tied down in Longmont? Do they stay there until a train of empties from valmont is ready to start the return trip to the mine? Or were they tied down there because the crew was short on remaining hours and those units will remain there until a fresh crew is brought out to take them back to Denver?

Date: 12/24/08 16:39
Re: Valmont Train & Grensteins
Author: FrontRangeTrains

GeneL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John, what happens to those units tied down in
> Longmont? Do they stay there until a train of
> empties from valmont is ready to start the return
> trip to the mine? Or were they tied down there
> because the crew was short on remaining hours and
> those units will remain there until a fresh crew
> is brought out to take them back to Denver?

Hello,

Once the loaded train goes to the plant and drops off the loads, the units go to Longmont and tie down until the train is ready for the mine again. This process repeats again.

- John

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1454 seconds