Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Joint line and Raton heads up

Date: 12/26/08 11:16
Joint line and Raton heads up
Author: SD45X

DENBEL left Denver at noon with that CN SD70M-2 in tow. Also, may be a bare table backed down into Trinidad off the C&S to run to LaJunta in the morning. Not over the mountain. Rare East move on the Raton sub.

Date: 12/26/08 15:18
Re: Joint line and Raton heads up
Author: KoloradoKid

OK, so now find us something for the West end of Colroado!!!! 8*)

KK

Date: 12/26/08 17:20
Re: Joint line and Raton heads up
Author: ns2557

Thanks SD45X, Had to go to Denver to Childrens Hosp in Aurora with my son. While heading home from there, thought I'd go by the yards both the UP/BNSF and see what was around. The last stop on my way out was at BNSF 31st Yrd/Diesel Shop in hopes of catching the CN unit there. No luck. While coming into Greenland Ranch caught up to the rear of a sb, apparently the aforementioned DENBEL. Led by BNSF 766 with BNSF 8143/CN 8008/BNSF 1040. Here are afew shots from that encounter. The 766 S had to wait just north of Palmer Lake for a sb load to clear before it went south. Caught the BNSF 6141 S at Baptist Rd. Thanks for the info on the train. Enjoy the shots, not the greatest but what I could manage at the time. TFL Enjoy. Ben

Shot 1 SB BNSF 766
Shot 2 A going away shot just before the 766S stops just north of Palmer Lake Co.
Shot 3 BNSF 6141S @ Baptist Rd, (Near the Air Force Academy COS CO) This is what the BNSF 766S had to stop and wait for at Palmer Lake.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds