Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Devore ,Calif.

Date: 12/26/08 12:27
Devore ,Calif.
Author: atsf98

WHEN I WAS A KID I REMEMBER TRAIN WATCHING AT A CAFE/LIQUOR STORE?SOMEWHERE IN OR JUST OUTSIDE OF DEVORE CALIFORNIA, RIGHT BY THE TRACKS. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS PLACE STILL EXISTS? IF SO HOW DO I FIND IT? IT WAS SUCH A GREAT TRAIN WATCHING LOCATION SOMEONE HAS TO REMEMBER IT

THANK YOU
LONG LIVE THE SANTA FE!!!
ATSF#98

Date: 12/26/08 12:53
Re: Devore ,Calif.
Author: SCAX3401

I assume your taking about the place right off Devore Road in Devore. While it was still there the last time I was up that way, I don't know if it is still open. Getting there is easy, exit I-215 at Devore Road, head "downhill", cross Cajon Boulevard at the stop sign, and continue until you reach the tracks. The BNSF Cajon Sub and UP Mojave Sub are immediately adjacent and are seperated by only 100 feet or so.

Date: 12/26/08 13:39
Author: trainjunkie

Joe's was open last month according to a post in this thread...

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,1811968,1813495#msg-1813495

Date: 12/26/08 16:02
Author: UPNW2-1083

I was just there patching a train last week and it's still there. I don't think it's still called Joe's though. Fredo and I stopped in there about 6 months ago while we were on the work trains, but it's nothing like it used to be. It's still a good place to watch trains.-BMT

Date: 12/26/08 19:30
Author: PHall

Hey ATSF98, FYI using all capitol letters is considered yelling on the internets.
I don't think you were intending to "yell". But you never know. ;-)

Date: 12/26/08 22:47

Thank you for the tip good to know. I do my best to do my yelling when not online!

Date: 12/26/08 22:49

Thank you all for your replies. Im going to try to make it up there soon

Date: 12/27/08 13:53
Author: SoCalRailFan

It's there, crowded on weekends with off-roaders and some railfans in the westside parking lot. The food though, not for me! Maybe I just had an off day, but waiting over 20 minutes, with two people in front of me, for a crappy hamburger isn't worth it.

Dave Toussaint
Riverside, CA
SoCalRailFan.com

Date: 12/27/08 17:38
Author: DevoreCorps

Joe's doesn't belong to Joe anymore. He sold it many years ago and it's down hill ever since. If you want 'good food' (ala greasy spoon) Tony's on old 66 just up the street by the Fire Station is much better. Get it to go and sit in front of Joe's.

Date: 12/27/08 19:31
Author: AJnCorrie

The food may be crap...but the beer is still cold...well it was the last time I was there...
A.J.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds