Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > It Almost Worked...

Date: 03/01/09 19:26
It Almost Worked...
Author: mojaveflyer

I was thinking that yesterday afternoon would have been a good day to see if I could shoot the Ski Train returning to the Denver Area from Winter Park since it was nice and clear... I headed over to Leyden siding to see what things looked like. As the sun sank lower in the western sky, I realized the train would arrive quite a bit after sunset but thought I would hang out to see what things looked like. As I waited for the Ski Train, I heard a horn behind me and realized I had a westbound train approaching me for a meet at Leyden. These were shot at ISO 800.

Photo #1- The Ski Train comes by me slowly as it creeps up on the east switch of Leyden, waiting for the westbound to get in the clear.

Photo #2- BNSF power leads the westbound coal empty in to the siding at Leyden, it's nose lit up by the headlight of the Ski Train as he passes it.

Well, it almost worked! Thanks for looking!!!

Date: 03/01/09 20:37
Re: It Almost Worked...
Author: Kimball

Gawd! Nice stuff! I hope you still have your fingers! After that cold...

Date: 03/02/09 06:25
Re: It Almost Worked...
Author: DaveL

All I have to say is that if that's asa 800........you -need- a better camera.

The attached is asa 1600.....'nuff said.

DaveL.......

The opinion above is mine and mine alone.....I've printed way too many grainy pictures in my time !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0252 seconds